Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 28, 2011

So close, yet so far

Well I have officially passed the 30 week mark. This day seemed so far away a few months ago, but time really has flown by..at the same time, it feels like I've been pregnant forever :)

Here is a pic from this morning, 30 weeks and 2 days. DH left early so I had to resort to the mirror photo:


I call this The Great Pumpkin shot.  It's really too bad that I don't have any motivation or reason to dress up for Halloween, b/c I am sure there are alot of really creative costumes one could come up with to incorporate my big ole belly.
Weekly Stats

How far along: 30 weeks, 2 days
Weight gain/loss: After holding steady for awhile, I jumped up 3 lbs this week for a grand total of 40 lbs overall. 
Maternity clothes: Looks like the cold weather is finally here to stay, so I guess I have to find some shoes to wear other than my flip flops. I put on some boots this morning that I knew were a little loose normally (so I could actually get them on my swollen feet) and then as I was walking the heel broke. I guess they couldn't handle the extra weight! So yeah, shoe shopping this weekend I suppose. I miss just throwing on a dress and being ready. Pants are tough because almost all of them are too long on me.
Stretch marks: Not yet, but belly is getting itchy so they might be coming...
Sleep: I'm so tired all the time now. I nap almost every afternoon. At night I sleep a bit here and there and get up before the sun. It's just so uncomfortable lying down - my hands go numb, I can't breathe well... I am sure in a couple of months I will totally look back and think what was wrong with me for not sleeping any possible moment that I could!
Best moment this week: Getting some amazing gifts from both my co-workers and my husband's.  DH didn't have a shower at work but a bunch of his co-workers went in together and sent us a ton of stuff - both of our carseats, a pack-n-play, a carrier, etc. It was like winning the lottery!
Food cravings: Fruit. Fruit smoothies, raw fruit, fruit chew things, fruit-flavored popsickles...
Belly button in or out?  Still somewhere in the middle.
Movement:  Yes, mostly in the evenings. Sometimes when they are really at it I feel like they may push right through my skin! It is kind of freaky - sometimes I think DH gets grossed out by it. It's still super cool though :)
What I miss:  Being able to go somewhere without people staring and asking 20 questions. Especially when they say that I must be due any minute. Sigh.
What I'm looking forward to: Hmm. Really just getting anxious to meet these little guys!Milestones: Nothing major this week. Just happy that I have made it this far and things are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment