Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Getting there!

Well I am officially in the third trimester. Things have gone really smoothly so far and I am very thankful for that. At the same time, each day is a challenge and sometimes it feels like people don't realize how hard things are. For instance, at my last appointment with my doctor, he said "I see no reason why you can't work up to your due date." Gee...thanks?  I mean, that's great news I guess, but it is hard enough now to lug my big belly into the office and sit in an uncomfortable office chair all day - I can only imagine what it's going to be like a few weeks from now. Also, I've always assumed my "due date" would be around 37 weeks, but my dr. said he wouldn't intervene unless there was a reason to until my full due date. As in 40 weeks. Umm, what? I know by week 36 I am going to be begging him to take them out!  I guess I just have to be patient and see what happens...

Weekly Stats

How far along: 28 weeks, 2 days
Weight gain/loss: I actually didn't gain a single ounce this past week! I stayed exactly the same. I guess giving up the Ensure drinks is making a difference.
Maternity clothes: So over them now.  The shirts I have barely cover my belly.  I am just so thankful that I've had so many clothes given to me and haven't had to buy much.  One thing I did buy was a dress for my baby shower (pics coming).  Funny thing is that Pam was wearing the same exact dress on last night's Office. Ha!
Stretch marks: None that I can see. But the more I read, I am now worrying more about "twin skin" than stretch marks.
Sleep: Well the good news is I can go longer without peeing (maybe babies shifted off my bladder?). Bad news is it doesn't really matter b/c I'm still awake most of the night anyway.
Best moment this week: Technically it was last week but I had my baby shower! It was an amazing day. More in another post.
Food cravings: Fruit, mostly. Craving lighter things these days.
Belly button in or out?  Stuck somewhere in the middle, which is where I think it's going to stay.
Movement:  Constantly. So much so that my stomach reminds me of that line from Steel Magnolias: "Looks like two pigs fighting under a blanket."  Or as I heard from another twin mom "It feels like there's an octopus in there."
What I miss:  Independence.  This morning DH had to put my shoes on for me.
What I'm looking forward to: Another u/s Monday. Can't wait to see how big these kiddos are now!Milestones: Took my 1-hr glucose test this week. I assume I passed since I haven't heard anything. I was really concerned since some days my entire diet consists of sugar and carbs. Fingers crossed that no news is good news!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Enjoyed your post today. I'm at 26 weeks today and totally relate to the octopus in your belly. Took the 3 hour glucose test this morning. We love The Office, recorded it last night, I'll have to catch that to see the dress. You mentioned twin skin, what's that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maya! I have been following your blog too...so sorry that you are on bedrest! I must feel petty whining about being able to work :P
    I hope you pass the GD test!!
    Twin skin is apparently when your skin stretches out so much that it doesn't go back to how it used to be and just hangs there (kind of like people who lose a significant amount of weight). Apparently the only solution for it is surgery :(
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete