Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 2, 2011

December...

Wow. It's hard to believe that December is here. It seemed so far off a few months ago. In some ways, this pregnancy has flown by, and in other ways it feels like I've been pregnant forever!
I think my last post was somewhat cranky, so I want to emphasize how absolutely thankful I am to have made it this far with no major complications. I realize I am extremely lucky, particularly in light of some recent events. 

Last week, one of my dear friends welcomed his son early, at 26 weeks, 2 days. Little Dylan weighed only 2lbs, 2oz, but as far as I know things are going as well as they can under the circumstances. He will of course spend alot of time in the NICU, but hopefully without any major complications.
Also last week, another person that I've never met but feel like I know from following her blog, gave birth to twins at over 37 weeks. Even though everything seemed fine at her last u/s, 3 days later when she had her c-section, she lost one of her babies.  Thankfully the other one seems to be doing very well, but I can't even imagine the pain she and her family are going through. I hope anyone reading this will keep both of these families in your thoughts.

Anyway, as for me, I'm over 35 weeks now and still continuing to somehow get bigger:
(yay, it's not sideways!)

I'm pretty uncomfortable and not sleeping much, but overall doing well. I am just getting anxious for these kiddos to join us!


Weekly Stats
How far along: 35 weeks, 2 days
Weight gain/loss: Continuing to steadily gain a couple of lbs each week. Almost 50 total.
Maternity clothes: not much fits at this point so I am wearing alot of the same things over and over. I am SO thankful that so many people loaned or gave me clothing. I hardly had to buy any maternity clothes and I was able to have a relatively expansive work wardrobe for most of my pregnancy.
Stretch marks: Not that I can see, but my stomach is starting to get...ripples? That's the only way I know how to describe it.I just have a hard time believing that my stomach skin is ever going to go back to the way it was.  Oh well. I just want to be able to fit back into my pre-pregnancy wardrobe at some point.
Sleep: Sleeping less now than ever. I tend to be able to sleep in bed for a few hours, but then have to get up and sleep on the sofa propped up for the 2nd half of the night. And by sleep, I mean close my eyes and wait til I have to get up and pee again. It's not a big deal when I am home during the day because I can nap, but when I am in the office it definitely takes a toll and I find myself exhausted by the end of the day. Thankfully my workin days are winding down! (for now)
Best moment this week: Oddly enough, it was probably when DH and I went to the hospital in the middle of the night on Sunday as I was having alot of contractions, and some were painful. They monitored me, and indeed the machine picked up that I was contracting every 5 min or so. It felt good to be validated and know I hadn't gone in for nothing. My cervix was still completely closed however, so after drinking alot of fluids, the contractions slowed down and they sent me home. I think we both knew this wasn't going to really be it, but it was nice to go in and know what to expect when I really do go into labor. Plus everyone was really nice, and, freak that I am, I like being a patient and being monitored. I never knew this about myself until I went through IVF and the medical procedures that went along with that process.
Food cravings: My throat has been pretty sore lately, so I've been wanting alot of ice cream to soothe it. And decaf gingerbread lattes from starbucks :)
Movement:  Somehow they still have room to wiggle all around and kick and poke. I really need to get a video of my stomach because there's no way to fully describe it.
What I miss:  Uninterrupted sleep.  Guess I won't be getting that anytime soon!
What I'm looking forward to:  Dr. appt and ultrasound on Monday morning. I am really curious what the Dr. is going to say about their size and (fingers crossed) maybe an induction date?  Or even better, maybe they will decide to come on their own! 
Milestones: I finally feel ready. I feel like we've done pretty much everything we can to prepare and get the house ready; hospital bag is packed, carseats are installed...bring it!

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I totally understand that feeling of not being able to fit into anything! I went 38 weeks with my twins and I was huge! Good luck, you are almost there!
    Jessica
    http://urzaandluna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jessica! I remember you from the IF boards :)
    Your babies are adorable!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came hard!

    ReplyDelete