Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crazy Prego Lady

It's official. I have become the crazy prego lady. I think I did a pretty good job of staying sane for the past few months, but I think the hormones (and lack of sleep) have finally taken their toll.  Case in point: my dr. appt this past Monday...

I had my u/s appt at 8am. Of course, they didn't call us back until about 8:30.  Since I'd hardly slept at all the night before, I was already pretty cranky.  It didn't help that the u/s itself was extremely uncomfortable...lying on my back and having someone push hard on my tummy is not fun.  This was thankfully my last one. The "little" ones are now estimated at 6.10 and 7.1! No wonder I am in so much pain...
Then we had our dr. appt.  After waiting another HOUR, they finally called me back. They had to re-do my strep test bc the hospital apparently hadnt put the results in my records...grrr. For those of you who have been pregnant, you know what I mean...for some reason I always assumed it would be a mouth swab (ha, yeah right).
So I asked Dr. again at what point he would consider inducing and this time he said if nothing was wrong I should go to 40 weeks! Meaning 1/4/12. I just lost it and started crying. Like a three hanky emotional breakdown. DH jumped in and said he was worried about my health, that I wasn't functioning well, etc etc. Anyway, I guess we finally wore him down, because he said that since this time of year is somewhat hectic, he would go ahead and schedule an induction at the hopsital for 38 weeks.  That way we have an appt in case we need it, but if something happens before then, or if I decide I'd rather not be induced (haha), then we can always cancel it.  So now we are scheduled to go in the evening of Dec. 21 for delivery (vaginal) on Dec. 22. It is SUCH a relief to have an end date in sight. I still hope they decide to come on their own before then, because I have heard pitocin is not pleasant, but really, I can't imagine another month of feeling like this. Plus I really worry that they are getting cramped in there. My belly is huge, yes, but there is still only so much room.
Dr. also is still advocating for vaginal birth. Not only that, but he asked if I wanted to do it naturally. HA! Are you kidding me? I told him politely that I would like any and every drug possible, please. I am kind of surprised by this because I've read that most drs. require moms of mulitples to get an epidural in case they have to move to emergency c/s.  I guess he is really confident that I won't need one...that makes one of us.
Next appt is Monday morning for NST (my first one at 37 weeks) and then Dr. appt on Tuesday. 

Weekly Stats
How far along: 36 weeks
Weight gain/loss: Still gaining, but it is slowing down thankfully.
Maternity clothes: Dresses and leggings are my friends these days.
Stretch marks: Not really, but these ripple things just above my belly button could be mini stretch marks?  They don't go out to the sides of my belly or anything, but they aren't exactly cute...
Sleep: I am so tired, and yet I dread bedtime because I know how uncomfortable it is going to be and how I am going to be up half the night. I may try taking something to help at this point.
Best moment this week: Today, because it is my last day of work. Woohoo!
Food cravings: Orange Juice for my sore throat.
Movement:  Yes. Painful jabbing and rolling. My belly looks like an animal has been put in a balloon and trying to bust out.
What I miss:  Coherent thought. Sleep. Energy. Sleep.
What I'm looking forward to:  Not being pregnant anymore. I hate to say that, and it has been an amazing experience that I am so so thankful for, but, my body is done.
Milestones: Induction date set! Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment