Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 23, 2011

Starting to Feel Real!

Well our nursery furniture was delivered this week (a month early - woohoo!).  Seeing the formerly empty room now filled with cribs etc. is definitely helping it all sink in that this is really happening, and we will soon have two actual babies in that room!  Other than the furniture, the room is totally blank:





Hopefully that will change soon and we will be able to decorate a bit. Problem is, DH and I can't agree on anything! I have visions of this elegant, regal oasis with chandeliers and flowing curtains, and he wants cutesy cartoon characters or patchwork animals. I hope that we can come to a compromise soon.  We did manage to agree on a glider, after all. This doozy rocks and reclines and has a little footrest that comes out. I was a little worried about the fabric since we picked it from a tiny swatch but I have to say I am fairly pleased with how it turned out:
And now for my Weekly Stats

How far along: 25 weeks, 2 days
Weight gain/loss: 1.5 lbs in the last week. Starting to slow down a bit thankfully!
Maternity clothes: Added a little to my wardrobe after going outlet shopping!  Hoping it doesn't get too chilly soon b/c dresses and flip flops are still the most comfortable thing.
Stretch marks: Still none.
Sleep: I both long for and dread going to bed at night. I'm always exhausted, so I get excited to go pass out, but then I know it means another night of pain, peeing, and congestion.  But I am still managing to get enough sporadic sleep to function at work at least.
Best moment this week: Spending last weekend at the beach was really nice, even though it rained most of the time. Just smelling the sea air, eating boardwalk food, and watching the waves was very relaxing.
Food cravings: Fudge, fries, and other beach food!
Belly button in or out?  It hasn't totally popped, but the top definitely protrudes enough to be seen through clothing. So weird.
Movement:  The boy is alot more active than the girl. He is constantly kicking and elbowing; she is much more mellow.
What I miss:  Just being able to get comfortable. I ache all day at work, and then long to come home and veg on the sofa, only to realize that I can't get comfortable there either.  It's like you're wearing an uncomfortable piece of clothing and you think "I can't wait to get out of this!" and then you realize you can't...not anytime soon anyway.
What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower in 8 days!!! So excited to see many of my friends that I haven't seen lately!
Milestones: We had an u/s yesterday and the babies are weighing about 2 lbs each! They doubled in size over the last month. Amazing! Getting the nursery furniture was another big milestone this week.

2 comments: