Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Where does the time go?

OK, I'll admit, those first few months, when people told me to cherish every moment because time will fly by, I thought they were nuts. The first 3 months felt like decades. But now, oh my gosh, I can't even believe how quickly the babies are growing and changing! I feel like every day they've learned something new, sprouted a new tooth, or grown more hair.

They are now 7 and a half months old. They are both doing a version of crawling - Milo pulls himself forward on his arms and then flops down. Serena is army crawling on her elbows. They can both sit up for long periods of time, and are getting close to being able to pull themselves up.



Serena now has 2 teeth. Milo has one but another is coming through now. Serena has started babbling alot and mama has slipped out a few times, though not intentionally. Milo still mostly just grunts.


I don't like getting teeth!


I love my jumper!

The big challenge these days is getting them to eat more food, less formula. Neither of them are too keen on the food thing yet, but Serena in particular really hates it. We've tried a wide variety of stuff too.  Typically for breakfast they'll have oatmeal mixed with either banana or mango, and then a veggie for lunch like sweet potatoes. We have to sneak in spoonfuls between sips of their bottle or they wont even open their mouths. Serena still gags alot and just hasn't figured out how to swallow without the bottle to wash it down. I keep joking that I'm going to have to puree her lunches and put them in a bottle when she starts school :)




Other than that, things are going really well. We've moved up their bedtime, and amazingly they seem to sleep so much better (and longer) now! They go down around 7:45 and usually sleep til about 7am.  We've started a new tradition of bringing the babies into our bed on weekend mornings to watch Sesame Street with us (buying us a few more minutes to rest):

Holding hands watching Elmo :)




6 comments:

  1. They do get big fast! Mine are 10 months and I have absolutely no idea how that happened :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I can't believe you are pregnant with twins again! Better you than me :P

      Delete
  2. What cuties!!! My heart melted at your post because it's so bittersweet. You want them to grow but at the same time you don't. I am going through this right now with my 8.5 month old girls. I want to freeze them right now. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thansk Brit! I just saw your blog- it's great! Your girls are precious!

      Delete
  3. Hiya! Found your blog from the IVF success stories on fertilitycommunity. I just wanted to say how GORGEOUS your twins are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lilly! I hope that you'll be posting your success story soon!! Best of luck.

      Delete